Friday, August 7, 2009

We've been busy


Since Troy's birthday Ted has taken the bar, the kids and I visited grandparents, we have moved across the state, and we went on a mini vacation to Bear Lake. Since I am planning on printing my blog at the end of the year, I am feeling a little bit behind. This is a catch up post. I may need to warn some of you that this is a really long post. But it is mostly pictures so it shouldn't be too awful. :)
Troy had fun jumping on Grandma Peck's trampoline, especially with the sprinkler underneath.


Troy had such a great time doing 'farmwork.' He helped with the chores, rode a tractor with Grandpa, rode a horse with Grandma, and loved being around all the animals.

This is cousin Paisley holding Zada. They are 8 months apart and Paisley's one pound bigger, but she wanted to hold the baby! While we were at my parents we rode in the parade, and went to a rodeo for the pioneer celebration. This is Zada and Me at the rodeo. The kids both loved this. Zada even laughed when the cowboys fell off the bulls and bucking broncos. Troy was decked out in his carharts and cowboy boots. He still tries to rope Ted and I with this little rope he discovered. If he ever really figures it out we will be in trouble.

On to Bear Lake. . .

We had a great time at Bear Lake. I'm glad that our kids are still little enough that we didn't need a boat or a jet ski. We just needed a bucket and some sand. We meet up for pizza with Jake and Amy (Sorry I didn't get any pictures.) The kids really enjoyed the water. It was a much needed, relaxing vacation for our family.

And this is a picture of Troy's delicious lunch. I packed him a lunchable. The oreos were supposed to be for dessert. But to a three year old they must taste better with some turkey and a cracker. Yummy?

And I was trying really hard not to think about the seagull poop on the beach with this child. Troy loved playing in the water with his Daddy.

Zada loved pushing this truck around on the beach.

And Ted and I both loved that they crashed,

both days.

4 comments:

Kim said...

It looks like you guys have been busy having FUN! We miss you! I love the pic of Troy and Zada asleep after Bear Lake.

etreiersen said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! I 'm glad that you guys got to go on a vacation before Ted starts work. You both deserve one.

Andrea said...

Ha! I'm laughing right now, because Natalie has that exact little color-striped dress, AND the carseat that Zada is in. Too funny... Cute pictures, Annette! I hope that you guys are feeling a bit more settled now. Moving is a hassel and a half!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm also glad you got a little vacation to Bear Lake. It looks like you've been enjoying the non-bar-study life. I hope all goes well with settling into IF.