Saturday, July 18, 2009

Troys B-Day.

Troy started out his birthday opening his present. A scooter! He was excited and tried it out right away.

For lunch we picked up Ted from school, and some grub at Wendy's. Then headed to the park. Zada clearly enjoyed the fries.
After dinner we had a party! Troy has been waiting for this for a long time. He was super excited or maybe hyper is the better word. We had play-doh, bubbles, balloons, and water guns for the kids to play with. Zada had fun playing in the water for the waterguns, and had to be changed into outfit number 4 for the day.
I had made a Lightening McQueen cake the night before. My Mom always made us birthday cakes from different pans (a pony, a bear, etc.) when we were little. I loved it as a kid. And so I have started. It is really easy, but is time consumming. I love the end product though. Happy Birthday, Troy!

9 comments:

etreiersen said...

Troy is such an adorable little boy! Sorry we weren't able to make it to this party. It sounds like it was a lot of fun for the kids. Annette, very impressive cake decorating skills. Way to go!

Katie L. said...

So fun!! I'm sad we missed the party too. :( We were in Spokane.

Looks like it was a blast though. Congrats to you and happy birthday to Troy!

(This is Katie Langston, BTW)

The Weldon Family said...

Wow! Look at that cake! Way to go Annette! That is awesome :)

The Cornett Family said...

Happy Birthday Troy! Like everyone else said before me... the cake is AMAZING!!! I mean seriously, it looks exactly like lightning mcqueen! I mean, perfectly! Wow! Looks like he had fun! Can't believe he's 3!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! I love the Lightning cake. Good job. Wow, these last three years have gone by fast, brings back memories of Heartland, Disney Trivia, and Yahtzee!

5boystokiss said...

Annette,
I just wanted to comment on your photography. You have a real talent for it. I am assuming you took all of the pictures for Troys brithday since you weren't in any of them :) They are just terrific! Centered and everything. Wow! Wish you lived closer to me and you could do a family picture for me. I trade you a batch of banana bread or two for it.

Natalie said...

What a cutie! Looks like a fun time for EVERYONE. I laughed at the 4th outfit for Zada. Too funny!

Kim said...

We sure miss you guys! Molly talks every day about Troy being in I.F.

The birthday party was so great! Sorry about Molly's "incident" (two of them, actually). The cake looked wonderful!!!!!

Andrea said...

Happy birthday, Troy! Sorry I'm so late in commenting. I basically took a blogging hiatus for about 3 months while we were out west. I think some people think I'm dead... :) I love your pictures! Your camera is awesome, and your photography skills are better. I love the Cars b-day cake. You are such a good Momma! Oh! And I love Troy's comments about Ted's bike shorts. Hehehe. :)