Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Labor Story

I always like to hear other peoples stories so I guess I should post some details of mine. I thought I was having contractions all day on Sunday, but I didn't start timing them until 7 that evening when they were 3 minutes apart. We went to the hospital at 9:30 after Troy got to bed and the wonderful Hincheys came to stay with him. I was dilated to a 6, which surprized me. Then things started moving fast. I was an 8 before they gave me an epidural shot which lasted about 20 to 30 minutes and thankfully got me to a 10 before it wore off. I pushed 3 to 5 times, I don't really remember, and Zada was here about an hour and half after we got to the hospital! A more intense, but shorter labor then Troy's.

We are transitioning home today. We asked Troy yesterday if Zada could come live with him, and he said, "No, Troy's house." So wish us luck! We will post more pictures later.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats!!! Yeah! Are you happy you didn't have them induce you!? Sounds like things went fairly smooth. I am so happy for you all. I will be checking back for more picture!

Lyss said...

Congratulations, what a cute little girl!

Camile said...

Congratulations! Yay, it really was a girl - how fun! I love the name Zada, she is beautiful!!! Good luck with Troy and new baby stuff.

GatesGang said...

awww sweety i hope that it works out for you guys. i got lucky with no jealousy when we brought home natalia they are still more excited to see her then me. haha i am so glad that it all went so well for you i was thinking about you. wanda was so excited to tell me about you having your little one it was cute. cant wait to see her