
I have been wanting to make a Quiet Book for
years. I finally gave up on sewing one when I was pregnant with Zada. I'm not that great with the sewing machine, and I just don't have a lot of time to put into a project. I first saw this done by Wendy. When she moved I forgot about it (and I hope most of you did too because hers was
really cute!) until I saw Jennifers on her blog
The Craft Patch. I'm tired of hauling books, cars, and other toys to church for Troy. And now I only have to take ONE binder to church for him. We will see how it works this Sunday.

You put magnetic paint on the back of cardstock where you want your pieces to stick. Laminate it and your little pieces. Then put magnets on your little pieces. Pretty simple. I took my time and it still only took me a couple of weeks to finish. I got my ideas from
Jennifer and
Mormon Chic.
Build a Face
Painters Palette

This is one of my favorites. It's a animal matching game.
Road Page
Flower Garden

On this page they can sort the food from the clothes. I made a few envelope pockets throughout the book to hold the little pieces. (Again this is from Jennifer!) You laminate the pockets closed and exacto knife around them.

I also like the Magnetic Quiet book idea because I can keep adding to the book. Hopefully it pays off on Sunday!
5 comments:
Good job! That is way cute!
I hope Troy loves it on Sunday!
I really love it. I want to make one too! I will have to talk to you about it later.
Awesome! Can you help me make one please? What can I do to get all of those cool pages? And let's be honest, Jake is pretty sure that that book is for Ted not Troy.
So, how did it go today? Did it work? I'm sure it did. I can't wait to make one! Thanks for showing your good ideas, cuz I'm gonna copy 'em.
It turned out FANTASTIC! I love it!
Post a Comment