Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blog, what blog?


I have a bit to catch up on here it goes.

Troy turned 4! He choose to have a dinosaur cake. We had a party with almost all of the grandparents. He's such a fun little boy and I can't believe he is 4 already. He seriously makes me laugh everyday. For example:

One morning he caught a smell of my morning breath and said, "What's that smell? Is that your blood?"

Or one day when he was using up my masking tape on things and I told him not to waste it. He said, "Mom, do you believe in Jesus? Jesus would share his tape with me."


His presents included Toy Story 2, Buzz and Woody action figures, water toys, cars, and some money.

We celebrated Grandpa Baines birthday by going boating at Arrowrock.


The kids loved the tube, even Zada enjoyed it.


I actually went wakeboarding for the first time in 4+ years. I was only up for probably 10 minutes and I was so sore the next day.

Zada thought it was hilarious when Ted would go under water.

This was also fun.


Troy choose the boat as his fort when the water fight started.

Which may not have been the best spot.

The kids took swimming lessons and loved them.



We also went camping for one hellish night, but hey at least we can say we went, right?

We had a great time during the day. We went fishing,

hiking,

and got dirty.

Aunt Mel came with us. And if she ever does again, I promise to remember the butter and syrup for pancakes. . . .oh and a spatula and mixing bowl.

Ted cooked Troy a hot dog that night over the fire. It was little black when he served it to him and Troy exclaimed, "You killed it, Dad!"

Whew. Anyone still reading?

3 comments:

Chance and Beth said...

I feel that our blog has been severly neglected this summer too. Ha ha, that's life! Oh, and Jesus would share the tape, oh my!! Love it!

etreiersen said...

Looks like you guys have had a busy and fun summer. I love how you describe you camping trip as one "hellish" night. That is exactly the reason why he have not taken are kids camping. I was thinking about you guys the other day and was wondering what life is like after law school. Are the hours about the same or worse?

Kim said...

I haven't been on your blog forever! But neither have you! :) How are you??? We miss you guys. Are you all in Jerome yet?